Sunday, June 26, 2016

Mojito Version 1.1.6 is available - Mint authentication is fixed, but somewhat painful

Hi All,

I have fixed the Mint authentication problem in Mojito. See the previous post for more details on the issue.

You must now connect Mojito to an active Mint session, which means you must log in to Mint in a separate window first, then copy the HTTP headers from the Mint page over to Mojito. I know this is not convenient, but this is the only solution I have gotten to work. If you are like me, you are desperate to get your account data from Mint so you can manage your finances better; and this somewhat cumbersome work-around is certainly better than having to scrap Mojito altogether. The details for the new authentication process are described on the Mint Authentication Steps page.


To upgrade your copy of Mojito, follow the easy steps on the FAQ page.

Cheers,
-b3

10 comments:

  1. Thanks a million! What a relief... It works perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any thoughts on whether there's a better long-term solution?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for maintaining this! I'm getting this error after upgrading to v1.1.6:

    "Mint authentication data has not been specified"

    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mathias,

      Did you follow the steps on the Mint Authentication Steps page? http://b3devs.blogspot.com/p/mint-auth-steps.html

      -b3

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much for developing an maintaining mojito! Is it possible to disable the notification I get when I sync all? It seems like the first sync of the day I get the following error pop-up for many accounts. It's accurate - there are not recent transactions, but a bit annoying. "Account without history detected Account balance history does not exist for account 'xxxxx'. Only today's balance will be imported."
    Much thanks, joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so happy I checked back...I was crying about this issue. Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is anyone else getting an error when trying to update balances? I'm getting the following Error: Data retrieval failed. HTTP status code: 301 followed by TypeError: Cannot read property "length" from undefined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mint.com URL changed to mint.intuit.com. I've updated the code. The new version is 1.1.6.1. Download a new copy of Mojito, or update your current copy following these steps: http://b3devs.blogspot.com/p/faq-10x.html#how_to_do_minor_upgrade

      Cheers,
      -b3

      Delete