Monday, February 27, 2017

Mint change - get the authentication headers from "track.xevent" instead of "oauth2"

Hi All,

Just a quick post. Mint changed something and you can no longer get the required authentication headers by using the "oath2" request. You must now search for and copy all of the headers from the track.xevent request. (Also, fyi, I only see the track.xevent header when I view the "Overview" page on mint.com.)

I have updated the Mint Authentication Steps page with this new information (but I still need to updated the screenshot).

-b3

7 comments:

  1. You are a god man. Thank you for transforming my budgeting process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am only getting transactions from my credit card account, not my checking. Any ideas on how to fix that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this still work? I'm unable to find track.xevent at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some people have that request, others don't. Try going to the "Overview" page. If you still don't see the track.xevent entry, then you can try other .xevent entries. The import header you are looking starts with "token:" and is usually at the bottom. If your're still not having any luck, follow the suggestion in this post.

      https://b3devs.blogspot.com/p/mint-auth-steps.html?showComment=1514912037293#c8763959203861892059

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Can you set budget income amounts that vary from month to month? For example, in December I will have a different income than in November. In May 2019, I will have another income so I would like to be able to "forecast" my expenses based on this varying income. Is this possible?

    ReplyDelete